We’re taking a break

After scouring the Internet 6 to 8 hours a day, seven days a week for the last 1.5 years to find pieces of the puzzle and fitting them together we have decided to take a break. Even the most dedicated 9/11 researchers need a holiday. While in the Northern hemisphere the winter has made it’s presence known were we live the summer has arrived in full force and that means sitting indoors is impossible.

While we don’t particularly belief in X-mas and all that, we do recommend that if you want to do something special this year, donate money, goods or an organ to the Feal good foundation  to help take care of the 9/11  heroes.

We wish you a strong and hopeful new year, and I hope that we will make heads bringing the truth about 9/11 to everybody.

We will be back 7-1-’08

Ka ki te a noa

Advertisements

Destruction of C.I.A. Tapes Cleared by Lawyers

WASHINGTON, Dec. 10 – Lawyers within the clandestine branch of the Central Intelligence Agency gave written approval in advance to the destruction in 2005 of hundreds of hours of videotapes documenting interrogations of two lieutenants from Al Qaeda, according to a former senior intelligence official with direct knowledge of the episode.The involvement of agency lawyers in the decision making would widen the scope of the inquiries into the matter that have now begun in Congress and within the Justice Department. Any written documents are certain to be a focus of government investigators as they try to reconstruct the events leading up to the tapes’ destruction.

The former intelligence official acknowledged that there had been nearly two years of debate among government agencies about what to do with the tapes, and that lawyers within the White House and the Justice Department had in 2003 advised against a plan to destroy them. But the official said that C.I.A. officials had continued to press the White House for a firm decision, and that the C.I.A. was never given a direct order not to destroy the tapes.

Read more

War pimp alert: Bombing in Algeria linked to Al Qaida, Iran next?

Decrease font Decrease font

Enlarge font Enlarge font

(CNN) — Two suspected car bombs ripped through the Algerian capital Tuesday, reportedly killing at least 62 people in what appeared to be targeted attacks on government and United Nations buildings.

art.blast.afp.jpg

Rescue workers walk among damaged cars near the U.N. buildings.

Click to view previous image

1 of 2

Click to view next image

var CNN_ArticleChanger = new CNN_imageChanger(‘cnnImgChngr’,’/2007/WORLD/africa/12/11/algeria.blast/imgChng/p1-0.init.exclude.html’,1,1); //CNN.imageChanger.load(‘cnnImgChngr’,’imgChng/p1-0.exclude.html’);

At least one U.N. worker — a driver for the Algiers office — has been confirmed dead, while another 12 staff members are apparently missing.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has condemned the blasts which he described as “terrorist attacks”, adding the dead included “a number of United Nations staff members.”

Jean Fabre, spokesman for the U.N. Development Program, told CNN a search was under way for the 12 missing staffers.

Algerian Interior Minister Yazid Zerhouni blamed a militant Islamic group, the Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat (GSPC).

The group aims to establish an Islamic state within Algeria. At a news conference, Zerhouni said the Supreme Court and Constitutional Council — hit by one of the two blasts — were known to have been on a list of GSPC targets.

The first bomb detonated near the Constitutional Council’s building in the Algiers neighborhood of Ben Aknoun, according to the state-run Algeria Press Agency.

The second exploded in the middle of the street between two U.N. buildings — the UNHCR offices and the U.N.’s main building — at approximately 9:30 a.m. (3:30 a.m. ET) in the residential area of Hydra, UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond said.

Read more

Gitmo ex-prosecutor: ‘Full, fair, open’ trials not possible

The chief prosecutor for Guantanamo Bay’s military commissions has revealed that he relinquished his position after concluding that “full, fair and open trials” for the accused were impossible.”I resigned,” writes Morris D. Davis in the Los Angeles Times, “because I felt that the system had become deeply politicized and that I could no longer do my job effectively or responsibly.”

Davis, an Air Force officer and lawyer, says “it is absolutely critical to the legitimacy of the military commissions that they be conducted in an atmosphere of honesty and impartiality.

“Yet the political appointee known as the ‘convening authority,'” a position he noted that had no civilian counterpart, “was not living up to that obligation.”

In early 2007, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates replaced Maj. Gen. John Altenburg as the convening authority with civilian lawyer Susan Crawford. “Altenburg’s staff had kept its distance from the prosecution to preserve its impartiality,” writes Davis. “Crawford, on the other hand, had her staff assessing evidence before the filing of charges” by drafting charges against the accused and assigning prosecutors, among other things.

Read more

Bush’s Reaction to the National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) reveals him as World Warmonger No. 1

So, just how much are the American people supposed to take? Here we’ve got a president who lied us into making war on Iraq and who, despite a new National Intelligence Estimate(NIE), is stubbornly trying to lie us into another war against Iran.

President Bush today is telling Iran to “come clean” when he’s nose deep in what comes out of the hind end of a Texas Longhorn.

Our commander-in-chief is so fanatical for war against Iran that, as investigative reporter Seymour Hersh wrote earlier this year in The New Yorker, there’s a special planning group under the Joint Chiefs of Staff organized to plot one. Hersh quotes a former intelligence official stating the group is “charged with creating a contingency bombing plan for Iran that can be implemented upon orders from the President, within 24 hours.”

So it’s clear why Bush pushed Congress last September for his warmongering Iran resolution that Senator Jim Webb (D-Va.), former Secretary of the Navy, labeled “a de facto authorization for use of military force against Iran.” Bush is rarin’ to attack! The wonder is why the Senate would give this liar anything but the boot?

Despite the new NIE estimate, Bush continues to insist Iran is the warmonger. This only further strengthens the case for impeachment against him and for criminal prosecution of those responsible for Iraq war, including former Secretary of State Colin Powell and his successor, Condoleezza (“Mushroom Cloud”)Rice.

Read more