14 Iranians in US custody in Iraq

The US troops in Iraq currently have fourteen Iranians in their custody, they had freed 10 others last year, a military official says.

The Iranians are “being held as imperative threats to security in accordance with United Nations Security resolution,” the US Central Command claimed in a statement from its headquarters in Tampa, Florida.

“The dates and times of their individual capture are not immediately available,” Major Brad Leighton, spokesman for the US military in Iraq told AFP on Monday.
Read more

War pimp alert: U.S. sees attacks by Iranian-backed groups up in Iraq

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Attacks by Iranian-backed groups in Iraq have increased in recent months, a senior U.S. official said on Thursday, casting doubt on the view Iran might have reduced its support for violence in the war.

David Satterfield, the State Department’s Iraq coordinator, said he believed Iran’s strategy remained to force the United States to withdraw from Iraq at as high a price as possible.

The United States has 158,000 troops in Iraq seeking to quell an insurgency and sectarian violence that erupted after the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion that toppled former dictator Saddam Hussein.

Satterfield said President George W. Bush hoped to leave his successor a more stable Iraq and the time to weigh options on how to deal with the country, which holds the world’s third largest oil reserves.

Attacks across Iraq have fallen by 60 percent since June 2007, when Bush’s “surge” of 30,000 additional U.S. troops became fully deployed.

Read more

War pimp alert: Breaking cables accident or Internet warfare?

Friday 1 February the BBC broke the news that two of the undersea cables providing the middle east with Internet had been broken. Causing a critical telecom breakdown in countries as far ranging as Egypt and India. This was the second cable breakage in a day. Both cables are owned by the same English Telecoms company, U.K. FLAG Telecom . The reason for these breaks was not known but it was thought that an anker cable might be responsible. One cable was near Alexandria in the Mediterranean Sea and the second was 58 Km from Dubai. Repair ships had been send out to repair the cables but this could take up to two weeks in total.

It is curious that while these cables have been floating undisturbed in the Oceans for a long time and were never hit or damaged and all of a sudden two cables are completely severed in one day. What would be the odds at that happening?
What’s even more curious is that while China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan all reported some loss in their ability to  use the Internet the only country to have been completely disconnected from the Internet was Iran.

What makes this even more suspect is the fact that neither Israel nor Iraq were affected by the cut cables. None of this was mentioned in the BBC article, which strikes me as incomplete reporting. To make the situation even more bizarre is the fact that in an unprecedented cluster of cable break accidents a third cable was severed in the Persian golf. This cable is also owned by the same English firm. The break in this cable caused severe telephone disruptions on top of the Internet disruptions  already experienced in the region.

This break will take about two weeks to be repaired. These three events combined mean that Iran will be incommunicado for up to two weeks. It will severely disrupt the countries ability to do business and will be hugely damaging to their economy. It will help to destabilize the country in ways the Bush regime could only dream about. It also hampers the countries ability to reach out to the world directly and show their side of the “incidents” that America is using to trigger a war. This worked very well in for example the boat incident, some weeks ago, and a little longer ago Iran could proof it’s innocence when accused of providing the resistance with bombs.

The reason given for the breaks is hardly convincing, to think that huge ships sail around with their ankers hanging of the ship is so unlikely that it can not be taken seriously. That and the fact that all three cables belonged to the same company and that Iran is the only country completely cut of while Israel and Iraq have absolutely no problems strikes me as highly suspicious.

The Pentagon published a paper called the Information Operation Road map. In it it states; The Internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy “weapons system”. I wonder is this the first of Iran’s “weapon systems” that is killed off while America prepares for an attack.  Iran is effectively isolated from the rest of the world with no means of communicating to the rest of us what is happening there. I can’t believe this is just an accident. The Neocon fascists have been biting at the bit, The Israelis are being prepared to be bombed. I have the feeling that we will see an incident between US soldiers and Iranians and it will trigger an invasion with the Iranians unable to use the Internet to show their side of the story.

War pimp alert: Israel gearing up for Another War

Israel calls for shelter rooms to be set up in a bid to prepare the public for yet another war, this time, one of raining missiles.

“The next war will see a massive use of ballistic weapons against the whole of Israeli territory,” claimed retired general Udi Shani.

Shani did not specify whether by ‘the next war’ he meant a battle against the residents of the Gaza Strip, the Lebanese or the war many speculate Israel will wage on Iran allegedly over its nuclear program, which the recent US National Intelligence Estimate conceded to be void of nuclear arms development intentions.
Read more

War pimp alert: Gadhafi son may be linked to Iraq attack

A devastating explosion in northern Iraq was spearheaded by foreign fighters under the sponsorship of Seif al-Islam Gadhafi, son of the Libyan leader, a security chief for Sunni tribesmen who rose up against al-Qaida in Iraq said Saturday.Col. Jubair Rashid Naief, who also is a police official in Anbar province, said the Anbar Awakening Council had alerted the U.S. military to the possible arrival in the northern city of Mosul of the Seifaddin Regiment, made up of about 150 foreign and Iraqi fighters, as long as three months ago.

The U.S. military did not immediately respond to an e-mail request for comment about Naief’s claim.

“They crossed the Syrian border nearest to Mosul within the last two to three months. Since then, they have taken up positions in the city and begun blowing up cars and launching other terror operations,” Naief told The Associated Press.

Read more

War pimp alert: Over 40 Russian planes to take part in naval drills in Atlantic

MOSCOW, January 24 (RIA Novosti) – Over 40 aircraft of Russia’s Air Force will take part in the final stage of a naval exercise in the Atlantic later this month, an aide to the Air Force commander said on Thursday.

“The Air Force will play an active role in the final stage of the naval task force exercises. Over 40 planes will be employed from January 28 to February 1,” Alexander Drobyshevsky said.

He said Tu-160 Blackjacks, Tu-95MS Bears, Tu-22M3 Backfire C strategic bombers, A-50 Mainstay airborne early warning aircraft, Il-78 Midas aerial tankers, MiG-31 Foxhound long-range interceptors and Su-27 Flanker frontline fighter aircraft will participate in the drills.

Read more

War pimp alert: Pre-emptive nuclear strike a key option, Nato told.

The crazies are running the madhouse.

Ian Traynor in Brussels
Tuesday January 22, 2008
The Guardian

A Trident missile
A British Trident missile. Photograph: AP
 
The west must be ready to resort to a pre-emptive nuclear attack to try to halt the “imminent” spread of nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction, according to a radical manifesto for a new Nato by five of the west’s most senior military officers and strategists.Calling for root-and-branch reform of Nato and a new pact drawing the US, Nato and the European Union together in a “grand strategy” to tackle the challenges of an increasingly brutal world, the former armed forces chiefs from the US, Britain, Germany, France and the Netherlands insist that a “first strike” nuclear option remains an “indispensable instrument” since there is “simply no realistic prospect of a nuclear-free world”.

Read more 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.